today i am showing a series of steps i did to progress with my gargoyle :
1) created the final pose, and refined the basemesh
2) subdivided once and refined more, mainly defined muscle volumes and tried to indicate bones where they are visble at the surface (knee for example). it is still rough, but showing enough to progress with
3) zspheres for one wing
4) zsketching over the “wing frame” to get a volume for the wing
5) making an adapive skin from that, and
6) dynameshed and smoothed it
now the basic form for the wing is there, it still needs refinement.